Position: How Tos - Data Recovery - Data Recovery Software for Windows 10 64 Bit Free Download
Table of Contents:
- When do you need data recovery software for Windows 10 64bit free download?
- Best data recovery software for Windows 10 64-bit free download full version
- The step-by-step guide: How to recover deleted/lost data with data recovery software in Windows 10?
- Frequently asked questions
When do you need data recovery software for Windows 10 64bit free download?
"I just deleted a folder which contains all my documents for working data. My laptop is running Windows 10 and yet it does not enable System Restore and File History. It does not use an SSD. Do you know how to recover deleted folders from Windows 10 laptop? "
"I was cleaning system drive that is running out of space but ended up with accidentally deleting an important file from computer hard disk. I've worked on this file for two days. It there any way to recover deleted files so that I won't have to redo the work?"
Windows 10 is one of the widely used operating system on computers, which has over a billion active PCs running it. Currently, Microsoft provides average users with two editions: Home and Pro, and each has 32-bit and 64-bit options. Besides, other versions of Windows 10 are available for special users, for example, Windows 10 Enterprise version, Windows 10 Pro Education, Windows 10 Education and Windows 10 IoT Core.
Whatever the Windows 10 version is installed, data loss issue is the last thing all computer users want to experience, however most of us are often caught off guard due to the lack of a timely backups. Whereas there is no need to be panic when you are troubled by data loss, as a piece of free data recovery software for Windows 10 can help you get rid of it easily.
Data recovery software is a kind of application that is developed to retrieve lost data from storage devices, for example recover permanently deleted files, recover data from formatted hard drive, rescue files from RAW partition, restore deleted or lost photos from SD card, etc. How does data recovery software for Windows works? When you delete a file form Windows computer, it is put into Recycle Bin by default. The file won't be completely erased from hard drive even after emptying Recycle Bin or deleting data via Shift + Delete. In fact, Windows 10 operating system only removes file records (e.g. file name, path, etc.) from file system, leaving binary data on hard drive. As long as hard drive space is not reused by other data, called data overwritten, data recovery software is able to analyze disk sectors and get back deleted data.
Best data recovery software for Windows 10 64-bit free download full version
In this section, we are going to discuss two data recovery programs for Windows 10 64 bit as well as other editions of Windows systems. You can free download recovery software for Windows 10 full version to get back lost files with ease.
DiskGenius is all-in-one software for Windows users. It comes with a handy suite of effective functions regarding data recovery, partition management, data backup, etc. With this software, users can deal with all data loss scenarios, for example, recover lost/deleted photos, files, videos, documents, lost partitions, RAW drives and so on. File preview is provided to help users to view lost files during and after scanning to ensure lost files can be recovered correctly before purchasing a license code. Free remote assistance is available for paid users of DiskGenius Professional Edition who is in a very complicated situation such as partition loss. Technician can help users to improve recovery via analyzing hex data on hard drive.
- RAW partition recovery: RAW indicates corrupted file system and inaccessible partition. DiskGenius offers special functions to rapidly recover lost files from RAW drive.
- Lost partition recovery: Partition may get lost due to partition table corruption, deletion, repartitioning, virus, bad sectors, etc. The effective lost partition searching algorithm will locate lost partitions and restore them on the same disk.
- Formatted/deleted file recovery: Accidentally deleting a file or formatting a partition? Use DiskGenius to quickly retrieve deleted/formatted files from HDD, memory card, USB flash drive, pen drive and more.
- BitLocker recovery: DiskGenius can help unlock BitLocker drive, recover lost data from BitLocker encrypted drive as well as restore lost/deleted BitLocker drives provided that correct password or recovery key is known.
- RAID data recovery: Create virtual RAID to get back lost files from various RAID and RAID-based storages.
- Virtual disk data recovery: Supports to recover lost/deleted files & partitions from VHD, VHDX, VMDK, VDI virtual disks.
- Windows Storage Space data recovery: Recover lost data from Windows Storage Spaces created by Windows 10 and Windows Servers.
Eassos Recovery Free
Eassos Recovery Free, the free edition of Eassos Recovery, is your first choice for hard drive recovery software for Windows 10 64 bit. It works on over 100 real-life data loss situations with high success rate, such as, RAW drive, accidentally deletion, formatted partition, drive partition missing, etc. More excellent features:
- Deleted file recovery: It supports to recover deleted files from empty Recycle Bin, recover files deleted by "Shift + Delete" as well as recover data deleted from USB drives.
- Formatted data recovery: Users might format a drive by mistake, or reformat hard drive twice, etc. Lost files can be recovered as long as the formatted drive hasn't been reused.
- Partition recovery: When partition gets deleted/lost or becomes RAW format, partition recovery can be carried out effectively.
- Storage media recovery: Apart from recovering data from computer hard drive, Eassos Recovery Free also supports other storage devices, like external HDD, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, etc.
The step-by-step guide: How to recover deleted/lost data with data recovery software in Windows 10?
Here is a simple example of recovering lost data using data recovery software for Windows 10 64 bit free download DiskGenius. Should you need other software, click following options:
- Photo Deleted Recovery Software Free Download for PC and SD Card
- Deleted File Recovery Software Free Download Full Version
- Partition Recovery Software Free Download Full Version in Windows 10
- Top 5 Data Recovery Software for PC Free Download Windows 10
Step 1.Download, install and launch DiskGenius free trial edition on your Windows computer. .
Remember to connect the storage device that needs recovering data to this computer in advance. After launching the software, you can view the storage device on the main interface.
Step 2.Now right-click the partition where lost data was located and choose "Recover Lost Files" to open file recovery dialog box.
Tip: you can also choose the partition and click File Recovery button. If you want to recover data from corrupted NTFS partition, you can also try clicking "Tools" - "Load Current Partition Intelligently".
Step 3.Select recovery options and click Start button to run a deep and complete scanning for the partition. Then you need to wait for the scanning to finish.
Tip: The scanning process continues updating the list of found files, and you can view files displayed in the software.
Step 4.Preview recoverable files to find those you want to recover.
Tip: files found by the software are listed into two sections: files with paths and files classified by types. You can preview (double-click a file to have a preview) both to locate wanted files and make sure if they are correct.
Step 5.Select files and folders you want to restore, right-click on them and choose Copy To. Then you can set a location to save recovered data.
FAQs on data recovery software Windows 10
1. What is the best data recovery software free for Windows 10?
Data recovery software free edition is regarded as the best solutions of getting back lost files. Here is a list of best data recovery freeware for Windows 10 and you can pick one that works on your case: Eassos Recovery Free, DiskGenius Free, Recuva, TestDisk, PhotoRec, etc.
2. How do I recover deleted files from Windows 10 for free?
Here is a step-by-step instruction of recovering deleted files from Windows for free:
Step 1: Install and run Eassos Recovery Free on your Windows 10 computer.
Step 2: Choose a proper recovery mode to scan the partition from which you deleted important files.
Step 3: Preview files and copy found files to a different drive.
3. Is it safe to use free unlimited data recovery software for Windows 10?
It is safe to use free unlimited data recovery software for Windows 10, and yet such software usually does not get a satisfied recovery result. In this case, you can try updating free trial edition of professional recovery software such as DiskGenius into Pro edition to recover unlimited amount of data correctly.
4. Does recovery software really work?
Data recovery software works in most data loss issues and the recovery success rate mainly depends on data loss causes and actions done after data loss. Recovery software cannot promise 100% recovery for all situations, and yet it can help you recover wanted files in most situations. Do not forget to give a shot at data recovery software when you encounter data loss problems.
In this article you talked about data recovery software for Windows 10 64 bit free download, including features, how it works and how to use it. You can free download it to get files back easily. It is recommended to carry out data recovery at the earliest opportunity in case that lost files get overwritten accidentally.
Press the Windows key, enter Windows File Recovery in the search box, and then select Windows File Recovery. When you are prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device, select Yes. There are 2 basic modes you can use to recover files: Regular and Extensive.Does Windows 10 have a data recovery tool? ›
Press the Windows key, enter Windows File Recovery in the search box, and then select Windows File Recovery. When you are prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device, select Yes. There are 2 basic modes you can use to recover files: Regular and Extensive.What is the free software to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10? ›
Recuva is a 100% free data recovery software for Windows PC. You can use Recuva to undelete files from hard drive, recycle bin, digital camera card, and USB flash drive. Recuva free file recovery software is working well in Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, and XP.Are there any truly free data recovery software? ›
Recuva is the very best free data recovery software tool available, hands down. It's very easy to use, but has many optional advanced features as well. It can recover files from hard drives, external drives (USB drives, etc.), BD/DVD/CD discs, and memory cards.What is the easiest free data recovery? ›
- Disk Drill.
- Stellar Data Recovery.
- Sys Tools Hard Drive Recovery.
- Remo Recover.
- Ontrack EasyRecovery.
- Prosoft Data Rescue.
CD is also not needed for the Windows 10 repair. This can be done by visiting your system's Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. From here, you can click on the "Get Started" button under the "Reset this PC" section. This will allow you to erase everything from your computer or keep the files intact.Can you download Windows 10 recovery USB? ›
You are able to create a Windows 10 recovery USB drive for another computer in two ways, including using a built-in feature to create a recovery drive in Windows 10 operating system itself or creating a Windows 10 USB drive with the help of the best bootable USB hard drive creation tool.How do you permanently delete files from computer so they Cannot be recovered? ›
Step 1 Right-click on the Recycle Bin from your desktop. Step 2 Click on 'Properties' and then choose the drive for which you want to delete the data permanently. Step 3 After selecting the drive, mark the option called 'Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted'.What is the best free software to recover deleted documents? ›
|Best Data Recovery Software||Platform||Free version|
|1. Disk Drill||Windows, Mac||500 MB for free|
|2. Easeus Data Recovery||Windows, Mac||500 MB for free|
|3. Recuva||Windows||Free plan without customer support|
|4. TestDisk||Windows, Mac, Linux||Freeware|
- Double-click on the Recycle Bin to open it.
- Find and see the files to be recovered. You can use the Ctrl and Shift keys to choose multiple items at once.
- Right-click on the selection and choose Restore. ...
- Verify the files have indeed been restored to their original or new location.
If you've ever used CCleaner, you've probably heard of Recuva. Recuva is a 100% free file recovery software developed specifically for Windows users. The free version is for unlimited data recovery without cost.Is Recuva completely free? ›
The current version of Recuva is v1. 53.2096, which was released June 13, 2023. It's available in a free version that doesn't include support or automatic updates like Recuva Professional.Is EaseUS data recovery free or paid? ›
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has three versions, Free, Pro, and Technician. If your lost files are less than 2GB, you can use the free data recovery software to get them back. If larger than 2GB, the Pro version is recommended. While for multiple computers or users, the Technician version is the advisable choice.What is the free recovery app for PC? ›
- Superior file recovery. Recuva can recover pictures, music, documents, videos, emails or any other file type you've lost. ...
- Recovery from damaged disks. Unlike most file recovery tools, Recuva can recover files from damaged or newly formatted drives. ...
- Deep scan for buried files. ...
- Securely delete files.
Disk Drill for Windows is a simple free data recovery software that restores deleted files from hard disks (HDD), external USB drives, or any kind of storage media.Where is the recovery tool on Windows 10? ›
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Recovery .How do I recover permanently deleted files from Windows 10? ›
- Method 1:Check the Recycle Bin.
- Method 2:Use Data Recovery Software.
- Method 3:Restore From a File History Backup.
- Method 4:Restore Previous Versions of Files on Window 10.
- Method 5:Recover Lost Files with the Windows File Recovery App.
- Method 6:Use the Command Prompt.
Just hold the Shift key while clicking Power > Restart. If you are trying to enter recovery mode for system restore, you can also search for “restore point” in Windows, and click System Restore... under System Protection tab, then follow the wizard to complete it.How do I download Windows Recovery Tool for Windows 10? ›
Can I download a Windows 10 recovery disk? Go to the official download website (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10), and there you can download the Windows media creation tool on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 computers.